Monday, April 4, 2011

How to make a PEEK-A-BOO bag
or known as, I spy bag



Instructions:

Step 1:

Gather 20 -30 objects, Examples an alphabet spy bag, animal spy bag, boy spy bag, girl spy bag, church spy bag. I had most of this stuff and found some of it at my parents house. you can find packages of things at party land

Step 2
Make a list of all items, if the child can't read you can also do a picture of the items. I had mine laminated it costs roughly $2.00 You can double click this picture to get ideas of what is in Zayda's bag

Step 3
Get a pencil bag, i got this one at walmart for 97 cents. You will need poly-fil micro beads. I found mine also at walmart in the craft section, the bag is $5.00 and it will make two i spy bags. combine beads and chosen objects together. Hot glue ribbon over the zipper then i also mod podged over the ribbon, to make it look neat so the ribbon is flush with the bag.
Tip: cut the zipper tag thing off, to help avoid lumpiness of your ribbon.

Step 4
Connect the word list with the bag i just used the circle rings, you can also provide a dry erase marker for the child to mark the word off as the find the object.

This is a very inexpensive activity for your child or a great gift. It's easy to make and super cute. I wish i could take the credit for this idea but, i did find it on another blog.

2 comments:

Scottkids said...

These are so cute!!!! I love it! I'm making them for sure!

Cambria said...

cute sambam!